Update May 2021 – we hired 5+ developers in early 2021, and are now looking to hire 5+ more.
Oasis Digital is growing – maybe you should be on the team! We are again looking for more great developers. All the usual information is available on our careers page.
All the info is there of course, including a video with lots more about working here. Here are the key aspects:
- The core of our team works at our headquarters in St. Louis MO – at least during non-pandemic times. But more of us also work around the USA (and a few around the world) on our customer projects.
- We mostly hire full-time employees, with contractors for certain circumstances.
- We hire at a wide range of levels; entry-level software developers eager to grow fast, through grizzled gurus who already have the deep understanding and experience our most critical customer needs.
- No “take-home interview coding test”; rather we will program with you at the relevant stage of the hiring process to get to know each other, and see your abilities in action.
- The most common key skill for new hires is Angular, React, or one of the other competing frameworks.
- “Full stack” is best, though many new hires start in one layer of the stack (for example, in the browser, on the server) and learn the rest over time.
- Please apply via our site linked above – that is machinery we use, resumes that arrive any other way tend to get lost.
- Our hiring process is about the same as in this 2018 post.
- Feel free to reach out by email (address at the lower right of our web site) and ask questions about the job, to figure out if you may want to apply.
Also, a bit about our philosophy of hiring:
- Hiring is a marketing-like process, not a sales-like process. We aim to get the word out so that the right people find us.
- Hiring is a collaborative process of looking for the best match, not a race or competition.
- We hire people whose time is valuable, so we optimize for rapid assessment and understanding.
Blog posts can get stale. Our current hiring is always listed on our careers page!